Deciding to start, and then operating, a business can be a complicated process. Buying and selling a business can feel even more daunting. At Hiller, PC, our New York business lawyers simplify these processes to ensure that businesses can focus on the products they sell and the services they provide, leaving the legal and regulatory compliance issues to us. In particular, we counsel and advise businesses, business owners, members, managers, directors and officers in a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including:
- Formation of corporations, limited liability companies (LLCs) and partnerships
- Preparation and review of contracts of all types including stockholder, partnership, operating, management, employment, severance, executive compensation, joint‑venture, licensing, bulk‑sales, non‑disclosure, non‑compete, non‑solicitation, and consignment agreements
- Drafting stockholders and directors resolutions, and all manner of corporate documents
- Purchase and/or sale of businesses, including both stock and asset sales
- Licensing trademarks, trade names and other intellectual property
- Licensing of computer content and cell phone content
- Internet agreements
- Financing Agreements, including bank loans and security agreements
- Structuring of equity ownership
- Debt restructuring agreements
- Strategic planning
- Other commercial transactions
- Business litigation
We also serve as general counsel to a number of businesses, advising on legal and related strategic business decisions. In this way, our New York business lawyers can help our clients plan for upcoming changes, avoid unnecessary legal challenges, and streamline their businesses to ensure better productivity.
Separate and apart from our work with companies and partnerships, our attorneys often represent individual shareholders, officers, directors and partners in shareholder/partnership/ownership disputes, both prior to and (when necessary) in litigation. Over the years, we have protected our clients from the bullying tactics occasionally employed by predatory partners and shareholders. Most recently, we stopped a major Internet media company from forcing our client to assume a lesser role and diluted ownership interest in the business. Under circumstances paralleling the movie, The Social Network, our client, following extensive negotiations, preserved his undiluted interest and was restored to his prior position of founder and President of the company – all without litigation.
Our New York Business Lawyers Represent a Variety of Clients
Our corporate lawyers represent clients in the following industries: apparel and textile, construction, nutrition and health foods, marine terminal operations and the maritime industry, tool and hardware manufacturing and sales, equipment leasing, e‑commerce, computer software services and other information technologies, vocational and non‑vocational schools, education licensing, mail‑order and direct solicitation, graphic design, advertising, athletic facilities, childcare, medical practices, law firms and accounting.
With careful and disciplined handling, the New York business attorneys at Hiller, PC are dedicated to ensuring the protection of our clients’ business interests.