Jason E. Zakai
- Position: Member
- Location: 641 Lexington Ave. New York, NY 10022
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (212) 319-4000
Jason E. Zakai, Member
Jason’s practice primarily focuses on commercial litigation in a wide variety of business disputes, condominium disputes, employment claims and other miscellaneous types of actions. Jason also has a dynamic land-use, preservation and zoning practice, representing organizations, community groups and non-profits in matters before community boards and city agencies, and in Article 78 proceedings challenging governmental agency decisions.
Prior to joining Hiller, PC, Jason was an attorney at Hughes Hubbard & Reed in New York. Jason’s success has been recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine, which relies upon peer reviews and identifies the top lawyers in the NYC Metropolitan Area. Originally designated as a Rising Star, Jason was selected as a Super Lawyer in 2022 and 2023 for his work in commercial/business litigation and land-use law.
While in law school, Jason served as a legal intern for United States District Judge William H. Pauley, III; the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York; and the New York City Council.
Prior to law school, Jason interned in the district office of United States Congresswoman Nydia Velazquez in New York, and volunteered for a gubernatorial election campaign in Delaware.
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyers, Business Litigation NYC Metro Area, 2022 – 2023
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, Business Litigation, NYC Metro Area, 2017-2019
- You Say Yes, But Can I Say No? The Future of Third-Party Consent Searches After Georgia v. Randolph, 73 Brook L. Rev. 421 (2007)
Bar and Court Admissions
- New York, 2009
- New Jersey, 2020
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 2014
- Southern District of New York, 2009
- Eastern District of New York, 2009
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D. (2008), magna cum laude
- Brooklyn Law Review, Executive Articles Editor
- Dean’s Recognition Scholar; Dean’s List
- Robert A. Morse Commencement Price for Criminal Procedure
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for Legal Writing I, Criminal Procedure I
- University of Delaware, B.A. (2005), cum laude, International Relations, Minors in Spanish and History
- Honors Program Scholar; Phi Beta Kappa Society; Writing Fellow